<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 23, 2004

"Better question, what are you doing here? I thought you and mom and dad don't speak."
Brayen looks at his younger sister with a nasty look. It's been almost a year since he has seen the twins.
"It's parent-teacher conference day at school. Colby and I got out early."
"Well that's nice Claire, what year are you two anyway?"
"Brayen! We're juniors now. Can't you at least remember our age?"
Claire takes off up the stairs irritated with her brother. Brayen continues through the house searching for his mother. Finding her in the kitchen, he speaks softly.
"Mom, I have to talk to you."
"Colby, can't this wait..."
Turning around, Brayen's mother realizes it's not her younger son, but her older one. She speaks devoid of emotion.
"What do you want?"
"Are you my biological mother?"
The woman drops the pan in her hand and food splashes all over the kitchen. She doesn't move and stares at Brayen.
"Mom, are you okay?"
Brayen moves over to her to get the pan and put in on the counter. As he approaches, she finally starts to speak trying to pretend like nothing happened.
"What would make you think anything else?"
"Mom, Dad told me today. Supposedly the woman is in town."
Finally exposing the truth, the woman speaks with anger and irritation.
"Fine it's true. I'm not your real mother. I know that none of my sons would ever turn out gay."
At this Brayen slaps her across the face. The two stare at each other for just a moment, before Brayen leaves the house without a word.

"Brayen. Did you name him without my knowing?"
"Yes, I knew you were fond of names that begin with the letter 'B'."
Braxton sits patiently as Joyce and Dr. Scott discuss about their son. The two eventually come upon the topic of his sexuality. Joyce is appalled that Weston and his wife would disown their own son.
"There is nothing wrong with a gay son."
"Of course, I realize that. But my wife was so insistent. I didn't want to force him out, but she insisted that no son of hers would be gay. So, we fought about the fact that Brayen was not even hers yet again and I ended up having to let him go once more."
"That's awful, are you sure this is the right woman for you?"
"Joyce, I have two kids with this woman now, but you know there will always be a place for you in my heart."

That damn woman. I always knew I hated her, now more than ever. I guess it's a good thing she's not my biological mother. So who is?
Brayen gets out of his car in front of the hospital for the second time today. He is determined to find out from his father who this woman is.

The awkward silence fills the office. Joyce doesn't know what to say, and Braxton is shocked at the doctor's statement. He never knew about this love of his mother's life. A loud knock breaks the silence.
"Come in."
Brayen opens the door. Feelings of anger slightly disappear as he notices Braxton in his fathers office.
That's Busty Bouchet!
"Dad, what is Busty doing here?"
"Brayen, I'd like you to meet your mother, Joyce Marden Bouchet, and your half-brother, Braxton Thomas Bouchet."

Hawke approaches his father's mansion. He is surprised as Jason opens the door.
"Hello Jason."
"Hawke."
"So what's this business deal?"
"Well, dad wants us to run a marketing firm/advertising agency he just bought."
The two sit down to discuss the plans. After some time, Alvin joins them to finalize the agreements. After signing some documents, the brothers leave the mansion content.
"Well lets hope this won't flop like his last business idea."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com