<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Brayen, Hawke, and Skyler all enter the ER. Hawke sees his brother and father in the waiting area. Jason must be devastated from the incident. Hawke walks over to the two.
"Jason, how is Kathryn doing? I just heard the news a little while ago."
Alvin answers for his grieving son.
"Hawke, she is stable at the moment, and like I told your brother, I will tell you. Kathryn has always been the most determined girl I have known. She will make it."
Hawke sits next to his family. All they can do is wait.

Brayen demands the ER information desk to inform him of Alex's condition.
"Brayen, calm down. I'm sure Alex will be fine. I'm sure she's just in a bit of shock from the incident."
Never liking Skyler much, Brayen still decides that Skyler is right. He should just be calm and wait for news no matter how much he worried about his best friend. Brayen just wants everything to be back to normal at the office: the two of them gossiping about the coworkers and skipping out every once in awhile. When Alex was around at work Brayen felt like he was in high school again.

Denver, Blair, and Nicole rush in from the parking lot. Informing the nurses station that she is a doctor, Nicole tells Blair and Denver to go to the waiting area while she heads to the patients' rooms to check on their conditions, especially Alex's. As she is wandering the halls looking for the rooms of the recent victims, Nicole hears a whimpering coming from a nearby room. She rounds the corner and looks in the room to find her daughter Alex.
"Alex? What's wrong?"
Startled, Alex tries to hide her tears and act like nothing is wrong.
"Mom, what are you doing here?"
"Don't try to change the subject. You've never been very good at lying to me."
With a gentle smile, Nicole sits next to he daughter. It wasn't very often the two of them sat down and talked anymore. Alex is almost 28. She has a life of her own.
"I could have died tonight, mom."
Alex beings to shed tears again.
"I'm getting older, and I'm still single. I haven't even had a serious boyfriend for longer than a few months."
"There's nothing wrong wi..."
"Mom, you were married to Dad at 19, had me at 21, and still managed to get your MD. All I have so far is a decent career. It's going to be too late for me to have kids soon."
"Oh come now, there's nothing wrong with having kids in your 30's."
"No, not if I had some when I was younger. I always wanted to have a big family and it's getting late to start that. I almost died tonight without the start of any family."
Nicole tries to comfort her daughter with little luck.

Braxton wakes up from his trance that he slipped back into on the ride over to the hospital in the ambulance. Now in a hospital room, he is confused. His memory begins to return and he runs out of the room looking for his mother. As he walks down the hall, Nicole leaves Alex's room.
"Busty, what are you doing out of your bed? You should be on the monitors right now."
"Please doctor, I'm looking for my mother's room."
insistent that he must check on his mother, Braxton gets Nicole to help him look for her room. When her room is finally found, Braxton can't help but cry. He runs to his mother's bed.
"Mom, how could you let this happen? Why did you ever stay with him so long ago."
Joyce moves a little and moans a bit. Still in a dream state, she is mumbling senseless words.
"I'm so sorry Mom, for being me."
Braxton sits in a chair nest to Joyce's bed.
"Please, Dr..."
"Dr. Nicole Chase."
"Dr. Chase. May I have some time with my mother alone?"
"Of course. I apologize for hanging around so long."
Nicole leaves the room. She looks back to see Busty holding his mother's hand, crying for her life.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com