<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 20, 2004

Brayen walks into his father's office at the hospital. Confused about Weston's phone call, he stares at his father as he starts to speak.
"What's wrong with my mother?"
"Brayen, sit down. This is going to take some explaining."
"No, what's wrong with mom? Is she sick or hurt?"
"Brayen listen."
Weston sighs heavily for the burden he is about to expose. Brayen was adopted at the age of 5, enough to remember that he was adopted. It was explained to him, when he was a little older, that the parents who adopted him were his biological parents. It was a lie Weston should not have told, and now he was to correct the error.
"I ran into someone today that I thought I would never see again. This woman was very special in my life back during my years of college. The man she was with turned out to be a criminal and the first time he was in jail, I was there to comfort her. The comfort turned into something that should not have happened and a little over a month later she informed me that she was pregnant."
Brayen's jaw drops with disbelief. His father had another child.
"What does this have to do with Mom?"
"Brayen, this woman is your mother."

Joyce nods her head at Braxton's statement.
"Yes, it's true. That doctor that you met today is the father."
"Mom, I still don't understand why you never told me this. Why didn't you just let me know. We've always shared everything."
"I regret every day never telling you. I always wished I could have kept the child. You grew up so lonely with just your mother."
Joyce begins to cry again. Braxton sits down next to his mother and puts his arm around her.
"Mom, it's okay. I understand."

Alvin hears his front door open and close. Jason walks in.
"Dad, what do you need to talk to me about?"
"Jason, I want you to run the new marketing firm I have just purchased."
"What?"
"I know you never wanted to work for me or any of my companies, but I also know you've been having troubles finding a job lately. So, I want you to take this opportunity."
"Dad, you know I don't want your help like this."
"Jason, you're more than qualified to take this position. Besides, I'm planning on having your brother in on it too."
Alvin smiles as Jason looks confused.
"A family business is what I've always wanted for you boys. With your business skills and Hawke's artistic talents, this firm should do wonders."
Jason finally agrees to take the job from his father. Alvin has promised him full control over the firm, of course with his brother's input. The two will be able to do whatever they want with the company.
"I will call Hawke and let him know what you have offered."

Octavia senses that Braxton and Joyce need some time alone. She stands up, says her goodbyes, and walks out of the room. Once inside her limo, she sighs with a feeling of loneliness. She has no family where she lives now. There was no one to spend time with or to share any of this wealth that she has stumbled upon. Octavia dials her phone.
"Yes, I'm planning on moving. Get everything ready for sale."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com