<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 21, 2004

The Chase family sits around the only furniture in the house. The dining room table and chairs look lonely alone in the room. Soon enough the house will be filled with the antique furniture Blair and Nicole have collected over the years.
"Well this is just perfect. In a couple months, the whole family will be living in the same city again."
Alex and Denver exchange looks of irritation. They love their mother very much, but sometimes she is a little too family oriented.
"Mom, you know we are going to have our own lives and won't be able to visit you all that often."
"Alex, I know this. I have a life of my own you know."
Again Alex and Denver look at each other. After a few minutes of silence, the family starts to interrogate Alex on her love life.
"Honey, what ever happened to that last boyfriend of yours?"
"Mom, you know what happened to him. He proposed and I freaked about a week after saying yes. Don't you remember I moved in? There were all these quirks that I just couldn't handle."
"Oh yes, I do remember that now. Well isn't there anyone new?"
Slightly embarrassed about not having met anyone in the past 3 years, Alex changes the subject.
"No, but what about you Denver? Isn't there anyone that you haven't been telling us about?"
Denver blushes visibly as his heart begins to race.
They don't know, how would they? What should I say?
"Ummm, no I haven't really met anyone."
Blair doesn't believe his son.
"Oh c'mon Denver, there has to be at least someone that has sparked your interest."
He stands up quickly, slightly losing his cool.
"No, there isn't anyone okay."
Denver runs out of the dining room.

"WHAT?! What are you talking about?"
Brayen is furious with his father.
"Brayen, this woman is your mother. I should have told you a long time ago, but we just couldn't do that to you. I thought I would never see her again."
"How could you keep this from me? Do Colby and Claire know?"
"No the twins have no idea. For all they know you are their full brother."
Brayen turns around, to face the family picture on the bookshelf.
"So this has been a lie?"
Brayen throws the picture on the floor and storms out of the office.

"Mom? So are you going to talk to Dr. Scott? Are you going to find out who this kid is?"
"I'm not sure Braxton. I'm not sure Weston has even told him. Maybe I will call."
Joyce dials the phone. She is shaking with nervousness. Nothing but the voice mail is heard on the other end.
"He's not answering. We should go see if he is in his office at the hospital."
"Okay, let's go then. I can't believe I have a sibling."
Joyce smiles at the thought that Braxton is very supportive and almost excited.

"Hawke?"
"Hey Jason, what's up?"
"Well, Dad has a little proposition for the two of us."
"Oh gosh, what is it this time?"
"No, it's something actually serious this time, a business prospect."
"I'm intrigued, where should I meet you?"
"How about at the mansion? That way after we talk, we can talk to Dad about it?"
"Sounds good. I'll be there in a bit."
Hawke hangs up his phone.
Well this should be interesting. I wonder what kind of trouble my father is getting in this time.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com