<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 14, 2004

Denver unlocks the door to his sister's apartment. Leaving the door open he wanders in to look around. The apartment was small but comfortable. Denver walks into the extra bedroom.
"Not bad."
As he takes a look in the bathroom to check out the vanity, he hears someone knock at the door and wander in. He walks out to the living room to see an old lady looking around.
"Hello, can I help you?"
Somewhat startled, Ms. Crandall picks up her phone.
"Who are you calling?"
"The police, who else? You don't live here."
Shocked, Denver tries to quickly explain why he is here.
"No, no. I'm Alex's brother. I'm going to be moving her in a couple months and I just came to check the place out and drop some of my stuff I don't need for the rest of school."
"I don't believe you."
"Here, I'll show you my driver's license. It will have the same last name as Alex."
Taking out his license, he walks towards the old woman. She backs up cautiously but takes a look at his license.
"Ah, I'm sorry. It's just last month someone broke into my apartment."
"I understand. By the way, my name is Denver Chase."
Denver holds out his hand in welcome.
"Ms. Lena Crandall."

Kathryn opens her eyes and sits up quickly. Jason is shocked, but moments later, Kathryn falls limply on her bed again. Jason runs out to find a doctor or a nurse. Dragging a doctor back to his wife's room, the doctor tries to calm him down.
"Mr. Stone, please listen to me. Your wife is experience common trauma from such an incident. Because of her comatose state, her body has excess energy to get rid of every so often. This will cause random movements including sitting up. Please the monitors will let us know when her status has changed."
Finally understanding, Jason slowly walks over to the chair next to his wife's bed. Sitting down slowly, he takes his wife's hand in his.
"Darling, I miss you."

Braxton walks into his mother's room.
"Braxton! Thank god you're okay!"
"Mom, you saw me just a couple days ago. You know I'm fine; dad is in jail again."
He hugs his mother.
"Do you know when they are going to discharge you?"
"No, I really have no idea."
"But I do."
A doctor walks into the room. Tall, blonde, and about the same age as her, Joyce can't help but feel she recognizes him.
"Dr. Weston Scott."
Holding out his hand to Braxton, they shake.
"I've been looking over your mother's chart and it looks like her arm has healed nicely. She is free to leave the hospital."
As the Bouchet's leave the room, Joyce finally remembers how she knows the man. Thinking to herself she can barely hide her emotion.
I can't believe it. How could I have run into him after all these years? He obviously doesn't recognize me, especially since I changed my last name. I wonder what ever happened to our son.
"Mom, what is it? You look like you have seen a ghost."
"Oh, it's nothing. I just haven't been up and walking for a long time."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com