<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Joyce wakes from a nap and winces at the pain in her arm. She remembers the night of the shooting as if she had just remembered it for the first time. Suddenly she hears a loud knock on her door. As she nears the door she smells a mix of liquor and expensive perfume.
"Octavia Bouchet, what the hell are you doing here?"
The middle-aged, beautiful black woman saunters through the door.
"Darling, when I heard about my brother's escape I knew instantly he would head for you and your precious son. So I came to warn you. Where is Braxton by the way?"
"Octavia, Antoine came, and tried to kill Braxton. He shot me before, then another woman stood up as Antoine fired the gun. The woman has just regained consciousness. This was almost 2 weeks ago."
Horrified, Octavia stumbles backwards onto the couch. Unable to speak, Joyce tries to snap her to.
"Octavia, we're okay. You're brother is back in jail and will be on trial for the murder of another young man."
The black woman begins to cry. How could her brother be so cruel? She had always looked up to her older brother when they were growing up, until he went off the deep end. When Antoine reverted to crime, she reverted to prostitution. It was something she will always regret.
"How could he do this? He was never this bad. He was just misguided since Mom died."
Joyce tries to comfort her would-be sister-in-law. Knowing about Octavia's past, Joyce reminds her that she is nothing like her brother.

Skyler and Braxton head to the bar down the street. Walking in, they notice the bar to nearly empty. It was early for a bar, especially a gay one, to have anyone in it. By slight chance this bar has small food menu to order from. Famished from recent activities, Skyler orders some food while Braxton orders a simple martini. Bored of the silence Braxton decides to ask some questions.
"So how long have you been in Garladine?"
"A few years now. I dropped out of college 'cause I was sick of it and decided to move here. How did you get into the performing business?"
"Ah, it was always second nature. I used to sing for my mother, the neighbors, and whoever else would listen when I was little. It was always just natural to perform."
"You're pretty good."
"Thanks."
Skyler thinks about it for a minute then speaks.
"My going rate is $600/hr. Do you want to go back to your hotel later?"
appalled, Braxton slaps Skyler across the face.
"How dare you? That is not the reason I asked you to keep me company!"
"I'm sorry. I'm just not used to guys interested in anything but that. So I make a slightly living out of it. I apologize."
"Yeah, well, I guess we both have our self-esteem issues."
The continue to talk and realize they have quite a bit in common, just in different ways.

Blair and Nicole approach the driveway of their new house.
"The kids will be so shocked."
Nicole steps out of the now parked car. She watches Alex and Denver closely as the get out of Alex's car.
"What the hell did you two buy?"
Denver walks up to the front door. The place is a huge mansion. Entering the house, the rest follow him. The three not moving into the house drop their jaw in awe. The ceilings are high, the rooms are spacious, and the area of the house was considerably more than the one the Chase's left.
"This place is amazing Mom. What are you going to do with all this space though?"
Blair tries to explain he reasoning behind the ginormous house. During the middle of the story, Denver wanders up the stairs to explore everything. Brayen is soon behind him.
"Now where were we?"
"Brayen we can't here, my parents and sister are downstairs."
"Relax, I'm not going to take your pants off like last time. I just want to kiss you."

Skyler and Braxton head back to the hotel. After their little misunderstanding, they have become quite good friends.
"Hold on, let me check on my mom."
As he opens the door, Braxton spots a black woman on the couch.
"Aunt Octavia!"
Braxton runs over to Octavia.
"How have you been? Tell me of any adventures."
Octavia insists the trip she most recently took was not very interesting.
"Oh, how could I forget? Mom, Octavia, I want you to meet a new found friend of mime. This is Skyler Sterling."
As Braxton introduces Skyler, a shadow approaches the room from down the hallway.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com