<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 16, 2004

Kathryn moves as if uncomfortable while Jason, Braxton, and the doctor all watch. Suddenly she stops moving and opens her eyes slowly.
"Where... where am I?"
"Kathryn, buddy, you're in the hospital. Do you remember what happened?"
Suddenly everything flashes back in her head. She remembers the club, the man with the gun, his booming voice. Then she remembers standing up, hearing a gun fire, and searing pain all at the same time.
"I was shot."
The doctor tells Kathryn to rest and not talk. Though she is awake, she is still very weak. The doctor then ushers Braxton out of the room to leave Jason and Kathryn alone.

"You know where my son is?"
"Yes, I do. It took a long time but I finally found..."
"what are you two talking about? I'm right here."
Braxton interrupts his mother's conversation with Dr. Scott.
"What were you two talking about?"
Both Joyce and Weston are quiet. Weston excuses himself to go check on a patient and Joyce stands up to leave.
"Oh Mom, I forgot. The woman who was.. well you know.. she just woke up."
"Good I'm glad to hear that."
Feeling uneasy about seeing Weston after such a long time, Joyce starts to walk out of the building.
My son, my son. Weston knows where our son is. But, how am I going to tell Braxton. He'll be so shocked and hurt that I gave away the child. I can't let him know yet.
Braxton helps his mother into the car then drives off to the hotel.

In the car, Blair and Nicole decide to head to Alex's apartment first figuring that she would be done with work for the day. The couple climb the stairs to the 4th floor and head to Alex's apartment. They are surprised to find Denver there, but, nevertheless, they are happy to see him.
"Alex, now we know it was your first day back at work today, so we wanted to take you out for dinner."
"Mom, the three of..."
"Now hold on. Instead of going out we want to cook you dinner in our new house."
"New house?!"
Denver is shocked. They had not informed him of any move. Blair explains the story.
"Yes, Denver. Your mother got a position at the hospital that she just couldn't pass up, so we decided to move. So what do you say? Do all of you want to come over for dinner and check out the new place?"
With mixed reactions from Denver and Alex, they all decide go see the new house.

Skyler pecks Alvin on the cheek.
"'Till next time."
He walks out the door and runs into Braxton near the elevator.
"Oh hey, Braxton."
"What were you doing in that room?"
"Oh nothing. I was just visiting with a friend that I haven't seen in a really long time."
"Cool. Would you like to go get some dinner or something? I'll make it my treat. Not a date or anything, just a friendly get together."
"Sure, why not? I could use some food."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com