<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Skyler is busy introducing himself to Braxton's mother and aunt when something starts to vibrate in his pocket. Skyler excuses himself to talk on his phone.
"Hey Hawke, what's going on?"
"Skyler, let's go clubbin' tonight. It's been awhile since we had some fun, and the last event was ended abruptly."
"That sounds great but, is it okay if I bring someone along?"
"Of course, who is it?"
"Braxton Bouchet. He's had a rough time here in Garladine. We need to show him a good time."
Hawke can hardly keep himself calm.
"Where did you meet him?"
"Well I was in the Hotel Grandivo, when I ran into him. He seemed desperate for something to do, so we went out for some food and drink. It turns out he is going to put the tour on hold and stay in the city for awhile."
"That's so sweet. I can't wait to hang with Miss Busty Bouchet."
Hanging up the phone, Skyler calls over to Braxton. The two women proceed with their conversation as the guys talk between each other.
"Hey, I was wondering, since you'll be in town for awhile, if you might want to go to the clubs with a few friends of mine tonight."
"I would love to."

The shadow moves closer and closer to Joyce's room. Stopping just before the open door, Weston listens carefully to the conversations of the room. He cannot believe the one person he regretted losing returned to his life.
He had been in love with Joyce back in the days of early college. He was never sure how she felt about him, but when the time came he took advantage of her. When Antoine was sent to jail the first time, Joyce was in pain over the temporary loss of her lover. Weston was there as a friend that turned into something more. In her depressive state, she slept with him. It was not until over a month later she realized what she had done. She was pregnant with another child. Antoine was released, and Joyce swore the baby was his until he was born. The light-haired, fair-skinned baby could not possibly be Antoine's. The child was given up for adoption because Weston did not have the resources for a child and Joyce was forced to by Antoine.
A few years later, Weston had learned of his son's whereabouts. Acting upon this, he managed to adopt his biological son and reconnect with a part of Joyce.

Still in love with Joyce, Weston continues to listen in on the conversations.

Talking very softly to Octavia, Joyce mentions the doctor she met at the hospital.
"Octavia, it was amazing. I couldn't believe it was him. You do remember Weston right?"
"Of course. It was too bad you had to put the child up for adoption."
"But wait, he knows where our son is!"
At that moment, Braxton walks up to the two.
"Our son? Mom, I'm right here, and why are you two talking about my father?"
Octavia looks at Joyce.
"I think it's time you told him."
Joyce nods.
"Braxton, honey, sit down. There's something I need to tell you about... well... our family."
Braxton sits down slowly in a chair near his mother.
"When your father was in jail the first time, I was in a state of need and depression. A good friend of mine was always there for me, and one night it turned into more of a friendship. Well a little over a month later I found out I was pregnant."
"Are you trying to tell me I have a sibling someplace?"
"Well... yes, a half-brother."
"Why have I never met him; why don't I remember this?"
"You were just over a year old when I gave birth to your brother. And the reason for not knowing him is I gave him up for adoption."
Braxton stares at his mother.

Hearing this whole conversation, Weston panics. He never told Brayen about his real mother, or who she was, or why she gave him up. He quickly runs to the elevators to get out of the building to call Brayen.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com