<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 14, 2004

"Alex… Alex… Hellloooo… What's wrong with you?"
Denver stares at his sister who seems to be frozen in thought. After a few more moments Alex finally looks at her brother and stumbles over her words.
"Uhhh… I'm sorry… yeah… so drinks…"
Denver continues to stare at his sister. Noticing his gaze, Alex is relieved to see Skyler and Hawke approaching them.
"So, you two finally make up?"
Alex answers Skyler's question almost too quickly.
"Yeah, we did, and I was just about to buy him a drink."
"Oh, I'll go get that hot bartender then. Her name is Jersey. Who names their daughter Jersey? That's so hot."
As Hawke wanders off to get the bartender's attention, Alex can't help but think about her accident in front of the magazine's building.
Isn't that the same woman I ran into earlier? Why do I find her so irresistible? I've never had this feeling towards a woman before. I feel so… awkward.

Brayen nears Waterstone completely irritated.
A whole week and a half and no one, no one, has even wished me a happy birthday. Now they want me to celebrate Hawke's new job that his father gave him? This is lame.
Brayen walks through the door only to have his breath taken away. At the bar he observes Alex and Denver together, talking and laughing. In a now slightly better mood, Brayen marches his way through the growing crowd to the recently not-talking siblings.
"So you two are on talking terms now?"
"Brayen! I missed you! I'm so sorry I acted so ridiculously about this whole thing. Can…"
"Alex, Alex. You're my best friend, how could I not want you in my life."
The two friends hug.
"Well, I suppose this was Skyler's plan for a birthday present for you."
"What?! You mean to tell me that Skyler got you two here?"
The returned but unnoticed Hawke answers the question for the confused siblings.
"He may seem like an ass sometimes, but deep down Skyler cares for his friends."
As the four continue to converse, Jersey, the bartender, eyes them from a far corner.
Now which one of them is going to best help me with my assignment? Which one is going to be closest to…
"Hey Jersey, don't look so serious."
Jersey is slightly startled at Skyler's comment as he passes by to join the others.

"Mom!"
"Claire, what is it? You know you're supposed to be upstairs in your room by 11… Well, what do you want?"
Still baffled by her mother's constant cruelty and rudeness, Claire thinks over her words carefully. She decides against telling her mother about her brother's escape.
"Mom… I… Why can't we have a later curfew? Colby and I are 16!"
Claire's mother eyes her carefully.
"You know my rules and you know why we have them."
"But we're…"
"Stop it! It's not going to change so stop arguing. Now go back upstairs, you have two minutes to do it."
Claire storms out of the kitchen pretending to be frustrated, but as she reaches the stairs, she can't help but let a smile grow on her face.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com