<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 28, 2004

Alex and Brayen enter the relaxed atmosphere of the restaurant. Trivia Night at Babs was an event that the two had never missed until the shooting at Waterstone. Almost a month and a half later, Alex and Brayen decided to reinstate the tradition tonight. As the hostess is about to seat them, Alex hears her name from behind her. She turns around to find her boss, Kathryn Stone, quickly approaching with a man she does not recognize.
"Alex? Alex, it's good to see you. I want you to meet my friend Apex. We went to undergrad together. Apex this is Alex."
"Nice to meet you Apex."
"Likewise."
"Kathryn, you know Brayen, right?"
"One of our writers, yes?"
Brayen responds quickly while eyeing Apex.
"Yes ma'am."
Alex elbows her friend and the two giggle at eachother.
"Why don't you two join us? It's trivia night tonight, if you didn't know, and we always win."
Apex and Kathryn look at eachother and smile before Apex responds.
"Sure, why not?"
"Okay, you two sit here and we'll go get the stuff for trivia."
Brayen grabs Alex and walks off to the announcers stage.

"Hello?"
"Hey, Grandma, I'm almost there."
"Oh, Lily, that's great. How has James been taking the ride?"
"Actually, he's been asleep for a lot of it, but he is going to be hungry once he wakes up."
"Well how about you meet me at this restaurant, Babs." It's a great place that my friends opened a few years ago. I dont think it will be too loud or exciting right now.
"Grandma... I don't know... Okay I guess we can handle going out for a little."
"Okay, great."
"I should be there in about 30 minutes."
Lena beams as she hangs up the phone. She hasn't seen her great-grandson since he was born.

"Okay, Apex, so what do you think?"
"That's crazy, I mean, here of all places, who knew?"
Kathryn nods with excitement.
"Yeah, actually this is perfect. I finish up this semester so I would have been looking for a job anyway. Tell your father-in-law that he has me on board."
"That's fantastic..."
"What are you two talking about?"
The now buzzed Alex and Brayen surprise Apex and Kathryn.
"We brought you two some drinks."
"Yeah, we also had a couple shots ourselves while we were there."
The two giggle as Brayen puts the trivia machine down on the table and sits next to Apex.
"Are we ready to win some trivia?"

"You're not stupid Claire."
The young girl is startled by the statement as she looks up to see from where the voice is coming. Claire quickly wipes her eyes.
"Taylor... I didn't know you were here."
The boy shifts uncomfortably.
"Well I saw you run in here as I was coming from the bathroom and I heard you mumbling about something."
"Oh... well... yeah it was nothing."
Taylor sits down next to Claire with his arm around her shoulder.
"Claire it wasn't nothing; you were crying."
She open her mouth as if to say something but is speechless.
"It was about Leland and Colby, wasn't it?"
"You knew about that?"
"Yeah... we're all friends. Leland wasn't really for it at first, but I guess something grew on him."
Claire looks at Taylor as her eyes begin to water again.
"Here, let me tak you home. You're in no condition to school."
"No, no, I can't go home. My mother will expect me to be at school, then at practice, and we all know how she can be when something isn't going as planned."
"Alright, I've got a better idea."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com