<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 27, 2004

"Alvin, are you really thinking of taking this on?"
"Kathryn, you know I wouldn't have shown this to you if I wasn't considering it."
Kathryn smiles at her father-in-law and sits in the chair across the desk.
"But, why are you showing me this?" How can I possibly help with a project like that?"
"Well, you can't directly, but I was hoping that you may know someone who can."
After several moments of thought, a light bulb pops in Kathryn's head.
"I have the perfect person. He's worked on a number of similar projects but he's currently back at school. He was a friend of mine during undergrad. I bet he is about to finish up. Let me go call him and see what he has planned over the next few months. I need to catch up with him anyway."
As Kathryn leaves the room, Alvin notices his cell phone flicker as if someone is calling but it stops immediately.

Claire sobs faintly, inaudible to the two boys.
How could he do this to me? He knows how much Leland meant to me.
She turns around quickly and runs back to the entrance of the building. With the halls now empty, Claire continues her run back to her locker. She leans against the uncomfortable metal and sobs as she sinks to the floor.
"I was so stupid. How could I not have known? Ugh, I hate them. I hate both of them."
Claire doesn't notice a classmate watching her from the entrance ot the boys bathroom.
"How could he do this to me?"
The boy hesitantly takes a few steps from the bathroom. He stops to think over his decision again, then more determined walks over to Claire.
"You're not stupid."

"This is Apex."
"Aww, Apex, you were are still so formal."
"Kathryn? Kathryn Allerton?"
"Yes, well, it's Kathryn Stone now. I can't believe it has been that long since we've talked. I was married almost 6 years ago."
"Wow, has it been that long? How have you been?"
"I would say, other than being shot a month and a half ago, everything is going quite well."
"Oh my god, are you okay?"
"Yes, yes, I'm fine now."
"What happened?"
"Well that's a long story for another day. My real reason for calling is a project my father-in-law is working on. I think it's right in you expertise. Come have dinner with me tonight. I know it's far but I think you will love this."
"Just tell me where."

Nicole rubs her eyes after a long day of work and jumps at the knock on her office door.
"Come in."
"Dr. Chase, may I have a few moments with you?"
"Dr. Scott, please call me Nicole so I may call you Weston."
The male doctor smiles.
"I hope everything is working out with you son and husband. I went through the same thing with my son a few years ago."
"Yes, they are working things out. I take it you and your wife did, too?"
"No, my wife disowned my son and since then it hasn't been the same. That's kind of why I want to talk with you. I know you're not a psychiatrist, but I was hoping I could talk to you confidentially about my wife and marriage."
"Weston, I'm your boss. I'm not sure that's a great idea."
"Please, Nicole, I just need someone to talk to that I trust."
"Oh, alright, let's set up a time."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com