<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 26, 2004

"Alvin, you know, you haven't been yourself lately."
"Hmmm? Oh, I'm sorry Kathryn. I didn't notice you walk in."
"That's okay, how are you? Is anything troubling you?"
"No, no... the divorce is just being finalized and I've also taken on this new project."
"Well, if you're half the man I think you are, you'll be fine."
Kathryn pecks her father-in-law on the cheek.
"Thank you Kathryn, now I want to show you something, but it's completely confidential. I'm hoping you can help me out a bit."
Alvin pull the file, he received from the man at city hall, out of his briefcase.
"What is this?"
"Just take a look at it."
Kathryn begins to browse the file with excitement.

Denver continues to eye the lecturer at the head of the class. Every so often, Apex meets his gaze causing the student to blush and look away. At the end of the lecture, the class gathers at the front of the room to pick up the assigned problem-set. Two girls from the class attempt to flirt with Apex.
"So Mr. Grayson.."
"Please call me Apex."
"Pecs, yes I like yours..."
"Julie..."
"What?"
"Anyway, we don't quite understand this last section of the book..."
"Ladies, I have office hours. Please come to those; they are listed on the top of the paper."
Apex points to the page as the two girls blush and promise to attend the next session. As they slink away, Denver picks up a copy of his assignment. He is startled by the hand that grabs his.
"Denver, I think you need to come to my office hours as well. The few times I've been here before, you've always been in the back corner, and Dr. Pelham has informed me of his concerns on your slipping academic performance."
Unable to say anything, Denver manages to mumble and okay then leave the room.

Skyler begins to dial his phone in the climb to his apartment floor.
Maybe he will actually answer.
He quickly hangs up.
"What the hell am I doing? I shouldn't be calling him and there is no reason I should even be thinking about..."
"Hey Skyler..."
Skyler looks up to find Braxton standing down the hall. Braxton continues as Skyler approaches.
"Who are you mumbling about?"
"Oh, it's no one. What ar... Oh, hello, Mrs. Crandall."
Skyler gives the woman an irritated look as she peeks her head out of her apartment.
"Skyler I was just talking to Lena here and she tells me her granddaughter is coming into town with her great-grandson."
Seeing neither of them react, Braxton continues.
"Anyway, Lena, it was a pleasure meeting you. I hope all goes well with your family."
As the old woman closes the door, Braxton harasses Skyler.
"Apparently you and her don't get along. What's wrong with you? She is a sweet old woman."
"She's always been an ice-cold bitch with me, always watching me too closely. What are you doing here anyway?"
"Well, I was hoping we could go get dinner tonight and catch up a bit."
"Sure, I have another thing I have to do first but I'll meet you around 6?"
"Perfect."

As she rounds the corner, Claire catches a glimpse of her brother leaving the building.
Where the hell is he going? It's almost time for 5th hour.
She cracks the door noiselessly to see where Colby went and is surprised to find another figure walking with him. Claire watches the two boys round the corner so she quickly dashes after them. Approaching the corner of the building cautiously, she looks into the secluded courtyard. Claire becomes furious at the sight. She doesn't find her brother dealing or buying drugs as the first rumor indicates. Claire watches as her brother makes out with the first boyfriend she ever had, Leland Mark.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com