<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 05, 2004

As the sun sets behind the hills to the west of the city, Weston pulls his car into the parking lot of the ancient Garladine Cemetery. Stepping out of the car, he feels a chill run through him. This place is hundreds of years old and few ever visited. The only new additions to the graveyard are those of families that have been buried there for decades. Weston counts as he walks deeper into the graveyard, coming upon bigger mausoleums and crypts. Ten rows down, five to the left, fourteen to the right, twenty to the right, eight to the right.
Finally, here it is. Why do we have to meet here? This place is creepy.
The cemetary was designed long ago with thick walls of bushes more than ten feet high to produce a maze. The purpose was to keep out grave robbers. Now that rarely anyone enters the graveyard, the maze is obsolete, yet the families leave the bushes for the tradition that they stand for.
A door from the largest crypt opens as if expecting him. Weston cautiously steps inside. A dark voice speaks to him as the door closes behind.
"You're early. It's too light outside. Did anyone see you come here?"
Weston speaks with shakiness in his voice.
"No, no one saw. I thought I would please you by being early."
"Good."
The voice raises its level of anger.
"Never will you arrive when I haven't told you ever again. Never be early, never be late."
"Of course, my apologies."
The voices anger wanes to that of power and authority.
"Now, have you been able to go through with my orders."
"No... something happened."
"What... went... wrong?"

"Octavia, this is amazing!"
"I'm glad you like it."
The club of Braxton's last performance was completely different. The overall architecture and layout is relatively unchanged, but there is a drastic difference in the decor. The walls are now lined with brighter colors and a happier mood. Themes of Busty's previous performances exist on the different floors of the club and the stage is now more attention getting than ever. Braxton hugs his aunt.
"Sugar, I have this place opening next week. I am hoping you can do the grand opening."
"Does Busty know how to dance?"
Braxton climbs onto the stage and dances around as though a Kylie Minogue song is playing. Octavia grabs her phone as sits by the bar to dial a number.

Skyler wakes in Alvin's arms.
"When did I fall asleep?"
"A little while ago."
"I'm sorry, here I am sleeping on your time. I can't let you..."
"Stop. It's okay, I don't remember the last time I had someone fall asleep in my arms like that. It was just what I needed."
Skyler smiles, as Alvin rises from the bed to answer his ringing phone.
"Mr. Stone, I'm ready to finish the paper work."
Skyler slowly pulls his pants over his feet ignoring the phone conversation.
How could I just fall asleep here? Am I really that comfortable in his presence to do that?
He stands up to pull his pants up completely. Alvin closes his phone and gives Skyler a short kiss.
"I have to be getting somewhere. Thank you for your time as always."
"My pleasure."
Alvin quickly gets dressed and leaves the premises. Skyler is left dumbfounded on the bed.

"Well you haven't been around to hear the news. My old friend, Antoine, that you let out of jail to hunt down the Bouchet child, managed to shoot down a Stone family member instead, Kathryn Stone"
A long silence makes Weston uneasy in the now pitch black crypt.
"Did you catch..."
"Yes, I heard you. This can be used to our advantage. The Stone family fortune is worth much more than the Bouchet child could ever possibly make. From what I understand, the most recent addition to the Stone family, Kathryn Stone, is the most prized member to the family patriarch, Alvin Stone. Now I got you the job at the hospital so you could use your past history with the Bouchet family to rekindle trust. Now that things have changed you must build trust with both families. Treat the Stone woman at her home, become friends with them, earn their trust. You must become a precious family friend to both."
"But how can I..."
"Silence! Just do as I say. You owe me for what was lost long ago."
"Yes, I understand."
"Now go. I will contact you again in a few months."
The door to the crypt creeps open behind Weston. He steps outside and follows the directions back to his car. He is late, Joyce must be waiting.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com