<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Braxton looks around the elegant penthouse. He has never seen such a property in an apartment building.
"Octavia, what are you talking about 'the new home for the Bouchets in Garladine'?"
"Well, sugar, I just bought the place for you, your mother, and me to live in."
Braxton looks at his aunt with disbelief.
"But, why would you do that?"
"Well, don't sound too ungrateful."
"Sorry, Octavia."
"I'm lonely at my present home. No family in town, no family in the house. It's a sad experience to not be able to share things with the most special people in my life."
Braxton sheds a tear as he hugs his aunt.
"Thank you so much. I'm sure we'll be happy here."
"Hold on a minute, there's still more surprise. C'mon let's go."
Octavia grabs her nephew's hand and drags him to the elevator.

Jason pulls the car into the Stone mansion driveway. Kathryn is puzzled as to why she is at his father's house.
"Kathryn, my father wants to talk to you for a bit."
Looking terribly worried, Kathryn speaks with shaky words.
"Why, has he replaced me or something?"
"No, no, he just needs to talk to you for a bit."
The two enter the house and walk to Alvin's study.
"Dad, look who's walking again."
Alvin looks up from his work with a huge smile on his face. He is thrilled to have his daughter-in-law walking around again.
"Now Kathryn, I'm glad to see you are up and moving again, but there is some business we need to take care of."
Kathryn takes a seat in the chair facing the Alvin. She looks uneasy, almost frightened.
"Relax, please. It's about the magazine."
The statement doesn't help her relax at all.
"Do you remember Alexandra Chase, the writer you suggested we have lunch with? Well, I've had her doing your job while you've been out, and she's doing a fantastic job. Now, I know you'll be ready to work soon, but here's what I want you to do. I'm going to leave Alex in the editor's position but I'm giving you the magazine."
"What?! What are you talking about?"
"Kathryn, I'm giving you the ownership of the magazine. So, just think things over right now. I have to go to another meeting."
"But..."
Alvin walks out of the office and mansion as Kathryn stares at Jason.
"Is he crazy?"

Joyce walks through the mall, peering at the window displays. Just as she enters on of the stores to inquire about a dress, her phone rings.
"Joyce, it's Weston."
"Oh, hello..."
"I was wondering if you would like to go to dinner tonight."
"Weston, I..."
"Aww, c'mon, it's just a dinner."
"Fine then, I'll go."
"I'll pick you up in a couple hours then, okay?"
"Sure, see you then."
"Bye."
Joyce has a confused look on her face. It is odd to go to dinner with someone she just remet after twenty-some years.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com