<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 22, 2004

“Brayen!”
Joyce grabs her son and hugs him.
“I guess I should call you mom, huh?”
A tear rolls down Joyce’s cheek.
“After all these years, I finally get to spend some time with you.”
Braxton proceeds to greet the statuesque Weston.
“Dr. Scott, how are you doing?”
“Wha... Oh, just fine.”
Braxton notices the doctor’s slight infatuation with his mother. He relaxes a little when they finally head towards their table.
“Weston, thank you so much for inviting us out for brunch. It’s nice to have a family together.”
Brayen and Braxton exchange glances at the sight of their parents’ eyes while looking at eachother.

The Chase family continues to their table and sits down with the two men still not speaking. The meal is tense and the original purpose of the get together is lost. The awkward silence is broken at the table by Alex’s attempt to remind everyone why they are eating together.
“I’m sorry Alex, you’re right. I’m just having a difficult time dealing with Denver, that it’s taking my attention away from you.”
“Dad, it’s okay, I understand you need some time, but he is still my brother and still your son...”
Alex looks at Denver.
“...and we still lover him.”
Nicole begins to cry silently as Blair speaks to his son.
“Denver, she is right. You are still my son and I still love you.”

Jason and Kathryn tan lazily by the pool in the back of the Stone estate as Hawke approaches.
“I can’t believe it’s so nice out today. It’s only March.”
“I know can... Oh, hey Hawke, how was your night last night?”
“It was fine Kathryn, thanks for asking.”
Kathryn giggles, but Jason looks irritated and says nothing.
“Jason, I’m taking him home as soon as we’re done with lunch.”
“Okay, okay, Rosa will have it out here any minute now.”
As Hawke dives into the pool, Kathryn questions her husband on his mood.
“Buddy, the guy up there right now broke my brother’s heart awhile ago. He was a decent guy when they started dating, but he did something inexcusable that Hawke eventually found out about.”
“Ohh, okay, but Hawke insists they are still good friends, doesn’t he?”
“Yes.”
“Then don’t let it bother you so much. Hawke is a grown man and can make his own decisions.”
Before Jason can reply, the servant brings out their lunch.
“Thank you, Rosa.”

Skyler turns off the shower feeling only slightly better. He grabs a towel from the cupboard, dries off quickly, and wraps it around his waist.
“Hey Hawke, can you just take...”
Skyler is surprised to find Hawke missing from the bedroom. Still in a towel, he wanders from the room and down the hall. Unable to locate the missing Hawke in this wing of the mansion, Skyler proceeds down the stairs to the main level. He pays no attention to the few servants of the house that just stare at him as he wanders through. Skyler reaches the deck off the great room to find he is overlooking the pool. Seeing Hawke leisurly swimming, he makes his way down the wooden stairs to the pool area.
“Well hey guys.”
Kathryn smiles back as Jason answers rudely.
“What are you doing down here? I thought you were staying in Hawke’s room till after lunch.”
Hawke sees Skyler from the pool and confronts his brother.
“Jason, it’s okay... Skyler come here.”
Hawke drags the still wobbly Skyler away from his family.
“I thought I told you to stay up there and I would come get you in a bit.”
“I must have not been paying attention.”
“Well why don’t we head...”
“Since I’m down here I might as well go for a swim.”
Skyler quickly drops his towel and dives into the pool.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com