<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Despite the dance music blaring throughout the club, Braxton notices applause of praise as he makes his way towards the birthday group.
"Braxton, that was amazing. I love Kylie."
"I know Brayen; they told me. I figured, opening night for your birthday, which was actually March 3, I would perform a medley of a talent you adore."
Brayen hugs his half-brother.
"So you're done performing for the night?"
"Yes Hawke, the rest of the night is about us having a good time."

"Octavia, this place is wonderful. I can't believe what you've done with it."
"Well, darling, what else was I supposed to do? Nothing makes me happier than spending some moments with my family. Well… that and my man Jack here."
Octavia taps the bottle of Jack Daniels whiskey next to her.
"Oh, Octavia, you'll never change."
The tow chuckle as they leave the back office. Noticing Jersey watching the group with Braxton, Octavia takes the opportunity to brag about her nephew.
"Isn't he something? He's always been a performer, ever since he was little."
Jersey acknowledges her boss but excuses herself at the sound of her cell phone.
"This is Jersey… Yes, I see them… Yes, they are all together… No, I'm not sure which one will be best but I'm getting ideas… Yes, Mr. Kreeland, I'll know very soon."
Slightly flustered, as she usually is after talking to him, Jersey continues her work without showing a sign of being uncomfortable.

Amidst the noise of the club a faint word comes from the sound system.
"Come…"
Brayen's head pops up, while the other five continue their gossip.
"Come…"
"Did you guys hear that?"
Skyler gives Brayen an irritated look, while the other four just stare at Brayen's excited face.
"Brayen, what are you talking about? I can hardly hear you let alone anything else."
"Come into my world."
Brayen notices the smirk on Braxton's face.
"I called in a favor from a friend of mine."
"Wait, wait, you know…"
Brayen doesn't finish his sentence as he stands up and the lights go out. This time the voice is much louder.
"Come… Come… Come into my world."
Brayen somehow manages to dodge every person while running to the stage in the pitch black atmosphere.
"Wontchyou lift me up… up… high up on your love…"
A single spot light shines directly on the middle of the stage right as Kylie Minogue rises from the below.
"He's crazy, you know that?"
Denver snaps back at Skyler.
"Why don't you just leave him alone? At least he shows emotion, unlike some people."
Braxton decides to cut them off before they ruin the night.
"Now, now, boys, let's just calm down and have a fun night."
Alex offers an initation to take Denver to the bar while the other three watch the fantastic performance. At the conclusion of the performance, Denver returns to the table with five full martini glasses. Skyler, Hawke, and Braxton look confused and Brayen simply asks a question as he approaches.
"Where did Alex go?"
Oh, she went to the bathroom. She'll be back in a bit."
"Well then, the five guys, how about a toast?"
The other four look at Braxton with perplexed looks. Denver is the first to speak.
"And to what are we toasting?"
After a long period of thought, Brayen voices an idea, smiling at his half-brother.
"From drags…"
"…to riches."
Braxton laughs at Hawke's end of the phrase.
"So it will be… from drags to riches."
"From drags to riches!"
The five all touch their glasses as they repeat Braxton and Alex returns.
"What did I miss?"
"Oh, nothing, just a boys club toast. C'mon let's make this night a blast."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com