<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Isabelle drives her car down the long driveway. As she rounds the final curve she spots the house. She has never understood why her father chose such a remote location in Garladine for his home. The house wasn't anything astounding in size, just a small version of a French chateau in decor. As she comes to a stop, a servant is there to take the care to the garage. She enters the house to spot her father looking at the portraits around the library. Her father turns around to greet her.
"Ahh, Isabelle, it is good to see you."
"Oh father, I have missed you!"
Isabelle runs to her father and embraces him.
"Where have you been the past two years?"
"I had some deals over seas that took longer than planned. But you knew I would return eventually. I would never leave my only daughter. Tell me, how is the rest of the family? Are the children well? Is Weston treating you as he should?"
"Father, Weston is becoming a problem. I'm losing him."
"Yes, he is becoming a problem. But don't you worry. I'll put him right back in his place. He'll come around."

Taylor smiles at Claire as they sit on a large, flat rock near the creek, far off the path through the park. The sun is starting to settle on the horizon causing an orange-green glow to flow through the canopy.
"Taylor, this place is amazing. How did you find it?"
The young man pulls out two plastic spoons from the grocery bag and opens the box of ice cream.
"That's not important. Now eat, it'll make you feel better."
"Does it have to do with my brother?"
"No, but it has to do with other guys."
Claire looks down at the ice cream understanding Taylor's response.
"Do you think Colby did it on purpose to hurt me?"
"I doubt it. Lee initiated it as much as Colby, although he was hesitant after their first kiss. In fact he still is. They won't ever be an 'item'. It's purely lust."
Taylor shoves a big spoonful of ice cream in his mouth and looks towards the creek. Claire puts a hand on his shoulder.
"You sound a little upset by this, too."
"I am."

"Lily, he's growing up so fast. Look at him. James, how old are you now?"
The little boy opens his hand completely and holds it up for the old woman.
"Wow, five already?"
The little boy nods and goes back to coloring on his place mat.
"So, Lily, why after all this time have you come to see me? I've been asking and waiting for ages."
"Phil left me."
Lily's eyes begin to water as she explains why he left.
"He found out James isn't his."
Lena looks at Lily with shock unable to comprehend the confession.
"But you've been with him since high school. When you found out you were pregnant you told everyone Phil was the father. A high school sweetheart lovechild."
"Yes, I made that mistake the night of our Sweetheart Dance, but there was someone else, too. It happened the weekend after."

Alex, Brayen, Apex, and Kathryn all wait in anticipation. As soon as they hear their answer is right, they all cheer.
"That was amazing. Apex, how did you know that?"
"Oh, I've always been a sports fan."
Brayen quickly looks to Kathryn.
"We need you two to come to trivia with us all the time. Alex and I are horrible at the sports questions!"
"Well you're in luck. Apex will be moving here soon, as soon as the school year is over."
Alex stumbles over her words under the influence of here drinks.
"Oh, my brother is moving here, too, after the school year. We'll have to all get together then."
Before anyone is able to respond the next question is announced and the previous conversation is lost to discuss the answer.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com