<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

"Joyce, can you believe after all these years you finally found him?"
"No, Octavia, I can't. At times I feel like this is all a dream. It's been over 25 years since I saw my son. And on top of that, it's his father who leads me to him."
"It's a blessing, sugar."
"Brayen is a blessing, yes. Weston, I'm not so sure. He's married Octavia, and I still love him after all these years."
"We can't help who we love."
"I can see it in his eyes; he still has feelings for me, as well."
"Just have patience, darling. Be grateful you just found the both of them. If it's meant to be, it'll work itself out in the end."
Joyce nods to Octavia and excuses herself from the room. As Octavia contemplates on Joyce reuniting with her past, she is startled by a loud knock on the front door.
"Just a moment!"
Octavia opens the door to find no one outside. Confused she starts closing the door slowly, but out of the corner of her eye she catches something move down the hallway. With her heart racing she goes to investigate.

"I've had a huge crush on your brother for the longest time."
Taylor turns to look at Claire.
"But he'll never feel that way about me."
"Why do you say that?"
"Because Colby has his way with people. Don't ask me how he does it, but he is usually able to get whatever he wants from whoever he wants it from."
"I've never noticed that before."
"Well take Lee, for instance. He's got what he wants there."
Claire's face hardens at the mention of Colby and Leland together.
"Don't get me wrong, we're all good friends, but I always wanted more with him."
Claire pause before asking her next question.
"Did you and Colby ever..."
"Yes, I suppose that's why I feel this way now."
Both Claire and Taylor take a big scoop of ice cream and look away from each other.
"You shouldn't eat too much more. It''s getting late and your mom won't be happy if you're not home and hungry for dinner."
"Well luckily my mom went to see my grandfather tonight. He just got back from being over seas for a couple years. So the family is on it's own for dinner tonight."
Claire quickly pecks Taylor on the cheek.
"Thank you."
"What was that for?"
"For being sweet and worrying about me even though you're good friends with my brother. I know you're gay but if you weren't..."
Taylor blushes at the suggestion.

Lena eyes her granddaughter.
"What happened?"
"There was another guy I had always had a thing for. I never bother to mention him because he was so hard to read. He never shoed any feeling towards any one, including me. Anyway, the weekend after the Sweetheart dance there was a big party. He was there."
Lena continues to listen carefully.
"There was a lot of alcohol. The liquor cabinet at the house wasn't locked and was full. The guy and I started talking, once we were both very drunk."
"Lily, I can't believe I'm hearing this."
"Please, Grandma, that was over six years ago."
Lena watches Lily closely as she helps James pick a color for the turtle on the placemat.
"As we were talking, another guy came up and offered us some pills. Both of us didn't recognize him, and with our reduced inhibitions took them. Whatever it was, we ended up going upstairs and having sex."

Denver throws his backpack on his floor as the door closes. He quickly checks his email to see if any friends are doing anything tonight. Finding nothing, he takes off his shirt and lies down on the bed.
That new teacher is hot, and he grabbed my hand. I wonder what he wants. He is right though. I should go to office hours because my grades have been slipping.
He is startled at the ring of his cell phone. Quickly finding the phone in the pocket of his backpack, he hesitates to answer after looking at the number.
"Hey, Tania."
"Denver, hey, let's get together later. We're having a party at the Alpha Gam house in a bit."
Denver covers the phone and sighs.
"Okay, I'll come over soon.:
He hangs up the phone and moves over to his desk. Opening the drawer he picks up the note.
To: Denver
From: Tania

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com