<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 19, 2004

"Mr. Stone… Mr. Stone, we're almost there."
Alvin snaps out of his daydream. He surprises himself every time he slips into another trance dreaming of Skyler.
How can I constantly be dreaming of such a nobody constantly? He has this strange hold over me.
The limo comes to a slow stop. Alvin is annoyed that he has been called to a meeting on a weekend. In the years of his first job out of school, a 7-day workweek was most common for him. Now as an established, and one of the richest business men, in the United States, Alvin's life is full of luxury and time that is well deserved. He is especially irritated with this meeting because March is the month he insists the whole family must stay at the Stone mansion. Every weekend moment taken away in March is a moment lost with his family. As Alvin climbs the stairs to the fantastic building of city hall, he responds to the man standing at the top.
"Harry, this better be good. You know what the month of March is for me."
The man chuckles.
"Alvin, I think you will like this."

"Braxton… Braxton, honey… we're going to be late!"
Braxton stumbles out of his room in Octavia's new penthouse.
"Oh mom, calm down, we're just meeting for brunch. I'm sure if we are just a little late it won't matter. You seem really antsy, are you okay?"
"Yes, yes, I'm perfectly fine."
Braxton eyes his mother carefully.
"Okay, well I will be ready in about three more minutes."

Wait, wait for me. I have to talk to you. Why do you keep running away from me? Who are you?
Skyler wakes up with a headache worse than he's ever had before, in a room he doesn't recognize at all.
"Where am I?"
"Skyler, you're in my room in my father's mansion."
"What?"
Hawke looks at the hungover and still drunk Skyler with a sort of pity.
"You werw wasted last night, getting drinks from some nasty older men, that were just trying to get you into bed. I figured you were too drunk to really know what was going on. So… I brought you here so I could look after you and make sure you didn't do anything stupid."
"Hawke, you don't have to yell. What are you talking about, do something stupid?"
"Nothing, just go back to sleep or something. I'll go get you some water."
Skyler groans and he rolls over to go back to sleep as Hawke leaves the room.

"Weston, where the hell are you going?"
Isabelle catches her husband as he is about to go out the door.
"Well, Isabelle, I have assignments and orders to keep from your father. As you pleasantly pointed out last night, I owe him a great deal."
Irritated but seeing his point, Isabelle lets her husband leave. She knows better than to stop anyone from completing her father's orders. Weston is relieved to reach his car without too big of an objection.
Thank god. If she knew I was going to meet Brayen she would be furious. But, I have to reconcile with him, he is my oldest child.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com