<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 04, 2004

A shadow sneaks up on Skyler's sleeping body. With a slight touch on his shoulder, Skyler wakes and looks at the man with a startled look.
"What are you doing here? Why didn't you just call me?"

"Octavia, where are we going now?"
"Sugar, be patient."
Braxton cannot be patient through all of this. His aunt loves to torture people with surprises while Braxton contrasts with a need to know when, how, and where things are going to happen. Sensing his uneasiness, Octavia tries to lighten the mood with idle chat about bar fights with Oprah. A smile is brought about Braxton's face with the mention of the celebrities that she has made friends with over the years. The limo comes to a halt.
"Come, sugar, we are here."
As Braxton leaves the limo, he almost faints at the sight. How could she bring him here?
"Are you okay, sugar?"
"Octavia, I can't be here. This place freaks me out!"
"What, why?"
"Octavia!! This is the place where my father tried to shoot me down!"
With a look of horror on her face, Octavia apologizes for her ignorance. She attempts to calm her nephew with the reason for bringing him here.
"Braxton, I bought the club so you can have a permanent place to perform, a club dedicated solely to 'Miss Busty Bouchet'."
"But I don't understand. This man, Alvin Stone, had just bought the club."
"Yes, I bought the club from him. He never told me why he was selling it, but I guess I understand now."
"So this is going to be my performance club?"
"Mmm hmm. And the more I think it about it, it is only fitting that your club should be where your father was defeated for the last time."
Braxton's expression changes quickly from scared, to angered, to joyed. His aunt was right. His father's last defeat will be the start of a new life. With sudden courage, Braxton drags his aunt inside the club.

"G'nite Dr. Chase."
Nicole waves to Weston as he leaves the ER floor. She moves around to the pile of charts with a stressed look on her face. The new ER directing job she is doing is not easy but not difficult. This look of stress comes from the worry about her son.
Nicole flashes back to the night she found out her son is gay. He had run away from the table at questions about women in his life. Wandering upstairs with her husband, they rounded the corner to their son's unfurnished room just as he proclaimed his homosexuality to his sister. Instantly her husband threw him out of the house and told their son to never come back again.
Nicole returns to her desk and picks up the phone.

"Hello Skyler."
"Alvin why are you here? Why didn't you just call me to set up an appointment."
"Skyler, I couldn't wait to see you. I knew you would be here tonight, so I had to come."
Sitting up, Skyler reveals his body from the waist up from underneath the blankets. Alvin's face relaxes, as the young man in front of him rises from the bed. Revealing the rest of his body, Skyler hugs the older man and whispers in his ear.
"Well, I guess we better get you out of these clothes."

Joyce waits uneasily for Weston. Her hotel room seems to be empty as she looks around. Her nerves are getting to her. This man had used her once long ago when she fell under his spell in a state of weakness after Antoine's first conviction.
Am I as strong now as I was back then, before Antoine?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com