<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 15, 2004

Weston stares at the house from his car.
How did I ever let this happen? How did my life get this screwed up?
The now depressed doctor heads to the door of he house. As he enters he notices his daughter fly up the last few stairs to the second floor.
Ahh, it is 11 o'clock. I guess my crazy wife is still being a major bitch, not letting any one in this family have any fun.
Weston walks into the kitchen to find no one but the wife of his nightmares.
"Weston, darling, how are you this lovely night?"
"Isabelle, there's no need to pretend, it's only the two of us."
The smile melts from the seemingly happy housewife's face. With a more irritated tone, Isabelle continues.
"Fine, where the hell have you been? It's just past 11. You're not going to make me put a curfew on you too, are you?"
"I had a house call to make. Now just leave me alone for tonight."
Isabelle's face turns from annoyance to that of anger.
"What did you say to me? Don't you dare talk to me like that again. You how much you owe my father."
Weston speaks back but in a much smaller voice.
"Why do you think I was forced to marry you?"
Isabelle throws the carving knife she was washing at her husband. Just barely missing him, she slowly walks towards the now frightened Weston.
"Don't ever speak of that again or I will have my father here at the drop of a hat. And we both know that he would do anything, for the happiness of his only daughter… anything."
"Yes, dear."
Weston now shaking throughout his body disappears from the kitchen to the master bedroom on the same floor of the house. As he takes off his clothes and crawls into bed, he begins to sob noiselessly in despair.

"C'mon guys. The table is ready and it's already 11. They're going to close the restaurant part after us."
Hawke, Denver, Alex, Brayen, and Skyler head to the table. After much chatter and good food, Brayen just barely hears a whisper travel through the room behind him. As he turns around, his jaw drops at the sight of his new-found half brother carrying a cake with 16 candles on it.
"Chocolate with cream cheese frosting, your favorite."
Brayen turns towards the table to see who could have possibly known that fact.
"Alex… I… I'm speechless… I thought you guys forgot or no one cared."
Braxton, in costume as Busty, places the cake down in front of his sibling.
"Make a wish, Brayen."
As Brayen blows the candles out, Braxton makes his way to Skyler at the other end of the table.
"Is everything ready?"
Braxton whispers back to make sure no one can hear.
"Yeah, she is backstage now. I'll go on first to do a cover of hers. There will be a break for me to change and get out here, and then it's her turn."
"Great."
"You know you aren't that bad of a guy Skyler Sterling."
"And Braxton, you make a better woman than a man."
The two share some moments of banter then Braxton heads back to the dressing rooms.
A curious Hawke can't help but wonder what the two were whispering about.
"So, you gonna tell me your secret?"
"Oh Hawke, you'll find out soon enough."

An unknown woman sits at a vanity in the backstage of Waterson. With a knock on the door, Braxton enters the small room.
"So are you ready sweetheart?"
"Carling of course, I've been doing this for years."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com