<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 12, 2004

"What are you doing!?"
Kathryn turns around quickly at the sound of the doctor's excitement.
"Dr. Scott, please, calm down."
"Ms. Stone, Kathryn, you should not be walking around yet.
Weston rushes over to his patient to help her into a chair.
"Dr. Scott, I…"
"Call me Weston."
"Weston, I feel great. I've been walking around, took a dip in the pool, and I even went into the office today."
"Kathryn, I understand this, but I still want you to take it easy. You were dead for 30 minutes. I don't think a month later is a good time to return to normal activity."
At this comment, Jason buts in.
"See, Buddy, I told you you should still be taking it easy. Let's put you in front of the TV and I'll go get us a movie for tonight."
"Fine… fine."
Kathryn directs her attention to Weston.
"Thank you for stopping by. When shall we expect you next?"
"I'll come by in a week to check on your progress. Till then please, please, take it easy."
Kathryn bids the doctor farewell as Jason walks Weston out of the room and to the door.
Take it easy. Why do I need to take it easy? I'm perfectly fine already, well at least very close.
With a devious look, Kathryn rushes up the stairs.

Nicole creeps down the stairs as quietly as she can. With so little of their stuff unpacked, every step seems to be as loud as a banging hammer echoing in a cave. As she reaches the floor, she notices the TV still on in the living room. Nicole pauses just long enough to realize her husband is asleep while the TV blares the opening monologue of an SNL rerun on Comedy Central. She swiftly moves to her husband’s side and kneels in front of him. Lightly running her fingers through his hair, she mumbles something hardly audible.
''Blair, my darling, when are we going to resolve this? It’s not his fault, it’s not our fault, it’s no one’s fault. There have been many studies that link hom…''
As Nicole continues, she raises her head and stares into space, not noticing her husband open his eyes. Softly, his lips brush her passing hand. Nicole stops suddenly as Blair whispers.
"Honey, we will get through this. I just need time to adjust."

Skyler and Hawke sit at the bar, joking about people that were in theirs lives years ago, while waiting for the rest of their party to arrive. The two notice Denver try to slip through the door unnoticed. As he tries to take his steps towards the bar, the door flies open and clips his foot knocking him over. The two at the bar can't help but laugh as Denver picks himself up. The beautiful, tall, blonde woman who caused the fall doesn't even acknowledge the now blushing Denver as she makes her way from the door to the back office behind one of the bars. Skyler and Hawke continue to laugh as Denver approaches them.
"Damn, girl, she just knocked you over like you were on a pair of 8-inch spikes."
Skyler laughs at Hawke's comment.
"Stop it guys, I'm already embarrassed enough as it is."
As the two continue to laugh, the woman returns from the office and looks at the three guys from behind the bar.
"Hey boys, what can I get you this evening?"
"Other than the dignity of my friend, Denver here, we are just fine."
"Oh? What's wrong with you?"
"Well you knocked me over when you came in."
"Oh, sweetie, I was wondering what you were doing on the floor. How about a drink on me for you and your friends? The name's Jersey."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com