<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 20, 2004

"Who is that in there?"
Hawke is startled by his brother's question as he closes the door. Feeling embarrassed he tries to brush off the question.
"Oh, no one important… Where's Kathryn?"
"She escaped to the bedroom. Now c'mon, who's in there?"
Sensing he is not going to get away from Jason easily, Hawke gives the truth.
"He got really drunk last night so I decided to bring Skyler here so he wouldn't do anything he would regret."
"What the hell? Isn't that the guy who broke your heart? I'm gonna kick his ass."
"Jason, stop. We are still friends and on some level I still care for him."
Now annoyed with his brother, Jason leaves the hallway to his bedroom with a final comment.
"Okay… well, join Kathryn and me by the pool for lunch."

"Honey, so who are we meeting here and what are we celebrating?"
"Alex, silly, her editor job just became permanent. It appears Kathryn Stone, the former editor, is now the owner."
"Ohh, well, that's fantas… What the hell is he doing here?"
"What? Who?"
Nicole turns around to see her daughter and son approaching.
"Now, Blair, just relax… I didn't know he was coming but you two might as well work this out now."

"Alvin, I take it your family is doing very well?"
"Yes, Kathryn is recovering quicker than anyone could have imagined. Do you think we can do this quickly? I would like to get back to spending time with my family."
"Of course, of course."
Harry takes the file from his desk and hands it to Alvin. Skeptically, the Stone patriarch opens the envelope. After careful examination, Alvin looks at the other man.
"Are you serious?"
"Yes, Alvin, completely serious. So what do you think?"
"Well… it seems like a great idea, but I take it you want my companies to fund it?"
"Well, yes, that's the idea and why I brought you here."
"Alright, Harry, but I expect this to be done and completed my way. We will have to change some things to make sure it's done right."
"Of course, of course."
The two men shake.

Braxton studies his mother while the two wait in Mary's for the rest of their party. He notices Joyce constantly moving, shaking and pacing.
"Mother, what's wrong with you?"
"…huh? Oh, nothing, nothing."
"Mom, I realize that you haven’t had a relationship with him and it must be nerve-racking to start it up."
Joyce is shocked at her son's comment.
"What?"
"Mom, he is your son though, I am sure it will come naturally."
Slightly relaxing, Joyce realizes Braxton is talking about her other son, Brayen.
"Yes, yes, I suppose you are right."
Thank god he doesn't realize what's really bothering me. I think I still have feelings for Weston. But he is married; I cannot feel this way over a married man.
Joyce continues to pace in the foyer as Braxton continues to watch her closely.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com