<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 01, 2004

Colby grabs Leland's hand and leads him into the house.
"Colby, are you sure about this?"
"Yes, Lee, my mom is at dinner with my grandfather and my dad is working late tonight. My sister is at practice."
As the door closes, Colby smirks.
"Finally, alone with you in a private place."
Leland shuffles uncomfortably as Colby continues to speak.
"I thought I'd never get a chance to be alone with you."
Leland is caught by surprise when Colby quickly turns and walks into the other room. Leland follows to find the other lifting his shirt up over his head.
"What are you doing?"
"Lee, we're alone and I want to be with you."
"What? I thought we were just going to make out. You know I've never... gone further."
Leland watches uncomfortably, yet aroused, as the bronzed blond-haired young man moves towards him.
"Here, let me relax you."
Colby touches his lips softly to the other. As Colby's arms slowly come around to caress his lower back, Leland can't help but relax.
"Feel better now?"
Leland nods in agreement with a slow, soft exhale. Colby unbuttons Leland's shirt as he moves his mouth to Leland's neck. Colby pulls away only to stroke his companion's hard chest and travel down to his belt buckle.

"Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species."
The table cheers at hearing their answer is correct.
"Brayen, how did you know that?"
Slurring his words, Brayen responds.
"Before I worked for Nelly, I had to do an article on the implications of updating taxonomy."
"Well, that's amazing that you still remember that."
"Oh, it's not that big a deal Kathryn."
"I just never knew we had such a diverse staff."
Alex nudges Brayen under the table. The four continue to listen intently at the announcer.
"It looks like we have a tie so far for the lead."
Brayen and Alex exchange glances at the announcement.
"I wonder who is tied with us."
"I have no idea."

Lena is shocked at the revelation.
"So you mean to tell me this random fling is the father?"
"Yes, I didn't know at first. Most of the events of that night were very blurry and I hardly remembered them until about a year ago."
"Oh, Lily."
"Because I started to remember the details, I went to take a paternity test to find out if Phil was really the father."
Lena shakes her head in disbelief.
"How could this happen? Are you sure?"
"I just told you, and yes, I'm sure. After I found out, I was torn on whether to tell Phil or not."
"But you did?"
"Well obviously, and that's why I'm here now. I have no where to go."
Lily's tears begin to flow down here cheeks as she ducks her head to keep from looking at her grandmother."
"Child, how could you do this?"
"Grandma! I was a stupid teenager and now I'm paying for it. I don't need a lecture from you. Excuse me!"
Lily leaves the table and quickly crosses the restaurant heading for the bathroom. James looks up to see where his mother is going, oblivious to the recent conversation.
"Where's Mommy going?"
Lena responds with a worried look.
"Don't worry James, Mommy is just going to the bathroom. She'll be back soon."

Skyler looks at Braxton, dumbfounded.
"How do you know all of this stuff?"
Braxton responds with a smirk.
"I have a couple degrees but none of it was my passion. Busty is what I love. How about you, Mr. Butch, knowing most of these sports questions?"
"It comes from a past I don't like to talk about."
Braxton is taken aback by the comment and looks down at his food. After a few moments, he tries to break the awkward silence between them.
"Well, at least we're tied for first so far."
As he looks back up at Skyler, Braxton finds his friend staring after the woman moving to the bathroom.
"Skyler? Are you okay? Isn't that Lena's granddaughter?"
"I... yes... I'm okay. I just never thought I'd see anyone from high school again."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com